World Photography Organisation (WPO) ZEISS Photography Award 2020
Are you a photographer? Do you have passion in doing what others couldn’t do or achieve in a throughout their photographing life? If you do then, here is your chance, as application are called from photographers from across the globe for the world Photography Organisation (WPO) ZEISS Photography Award 2020.
The programme was established in 2016 by the World Photography Organisation and ZEISS, the ZEISS photography award rewards the world’s most distinctive image-makers creating outstanding series showing their individual way of seeing the world.
Photographers are challenged to submit bodies of work responding to a particular theme. The 2020 brief is “Seeing Beyond – Discoveries” and the submissions will be judged by three experts in the photography industry. The ZEISS Photography Award seeks out to celebrate those photographers pushing the creative boundaries of the medium while demonstrating a strong visual narrative.
However, since 1890, ZEISS lenses have been writing history: they are not only used by the most sophisticated photo and film artists, they also documented pioneer achievements of mankind, such as the first moon landing in 1969.
On the end of this page we will be showing you every information World Photography Organisation (WPO) ZEISS Photography Award 2020 application, general requirements and how to apply for the scholarships. So read below here on this page.
ZEISS Photography 2020 Application requirements – General Requirements
On this section is the requirement you must possess in other for you to be able to apply for the ZEISS Photography 2020 award.
- The competition is free to enter and no fees is required;
- The ZEISS photography Award is open to all Photographers entering a body of work between 5 to 10 images;
- All applicants must be over 18;
- Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB, images should be JPEG files;
- All images must be saved in the sRGB colour model and EXIF data must be left in the image file
- All applicants must be able to supply a high-resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
ZEISS Photography 2020 Benefits | What Applicants will Benefits from this?
On this section is what successfully applicants who gained this award will benefits from it. Kindly read on below.
- Winners will receive a range of ZEISS camera lenses of their choice worth a total of €12,000;
- A €3,000 to cover travel costs for a photo project;
- A flights and accommodation to attend the Sony World Photography Awarss night and the exhibition opening in London in April 2020;
- ZEISS will also invite the winner to their headquarters in Germany to enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the factory and the chance test out a variety of ZEISS lenses;
- The winner will also have chance to collaborate directly with ZEISS and the World Photography Organisation for future projects;
A selection of shortlisted series will also be on show at London’s Somerset House during the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition. Dates of the exhibition to be announced in early 2020.
How to Apply ZEISS Photography 2020 Application
Applying for the ZEISS Photography 2020 application is simple once you have met the requirements for the application. On this section is how to apply for ZEISS Photography 2020 Programme, so kindly read on below.
However, while all creative responses are encouraged, submissions must actively explore the topic of the brief. The series should be between five to ten images, have a clear narrative that aligns with the brief (Seeing Beyond – Discoveries) and visual consistency. Meanwhile all applicants can submit all different types of photography – be that in technique or subject matter. All submissions must be accompanied by a supporting statement which outlines the story behind the work.
Interested and qualified Candidates Should CLICK HERE to Apply online and read more information about the ZEISS Photography award before the application deadlines which is 13:00 (GMT), February 4, 2020.