World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2020 for African Youths
Application for the World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition is currently out. We are delighted to announces the releases of the World Bank Blog4dev Competition for all African Youths. So if you are interested you need to apply for this offer before the stipulated deadlines of this application.
On the end of this page we will be showing you every information about the World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2020 application, general requirements and how to apply for the Competition. So read below here on this page.
Do you come from Africa? Are you a young African between the ages of 18 and 28 years and you are currently residing in Africa? The chance has come for you to make Africa proud and your people, family, friends and others. The African youth growth are given chances to grab this opportunities for them to react, injects new ideas, vibrancy and optimism into addressing many of the issues militating Africa’s challenges.
The #Blog4Dev series is a writing competition in which young people submit written solutions on a topical challenge. It tests creativity, innovation, and looks for something with the potential of being scaled-up. This helps engage youth become integral to the development process in their countries.
In 2014, the World Bank Kenya office launched the Blog4Dev competition, an annual writing contest that invites young people to weigh in on a topic critical to the country’s economic development. The competition is a way to engage Africa’s young people and privide a platform to share their views, and solutions about development topics that are important to them.
Ever since then, Blog4Dev has grown to include the voices of hundreds of young people from countries throughout the region who have submitted blogs on topics such as how to end gender-based violence to debating the role of the private sector in public service delivery. The competition tests originality, creativity and innovation.
However, this year, for the first time, the World Bank Africa Region is hosting a regional blog competition, inviting young people from 48 countries to share their knowledge, ideas for how they, and other young people, can prepare themselves for the digital economy and a technology-driven workplace. Meanwhile the World Bank and also the world wants to hear from you. Share your views by answering the following question,,”What will it take to end child marriage in your country?” Be creative, bold, practical and chart an inclusive and impactful path to progress for your continent.
World Bank Africa Region #Blog4Dev Competition Prizes.
All the winning authors are eligible for several prizes, including
- The winner will be invited to attend a dedicated program during the World Bank – IMF Spring Meetings 2020 in Washington DC;
- The opportunities to represent Africa’s youth at high-level events;
- An opportunity to intern at a World Bank Country office, or;
- A chance to have your blog published on the World Bank Africa Blog Youth Transforming Africa.
World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2020 Application requirements – General Requirements
On this section is the requirement you must possess in other for you to be able to apply for the Stories of the World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2020 award.
- For you to be eligible for the #Blog4Dev Contest you must be a citizen of any of the 48 Countries in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Applicants should between the ages of 18 and 28 years of age and should currently residing in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Applicants must not be a previous winner of this contest;
- A panel of expert judges from inside and outside the World Bank Group will review all entries and select the top five from each country;
- The selected authors will be interviewed, and top winner will be chosen from each country;
- The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria
- 1. Originality
- 2. Clarity in Writing and Presentation
- 3. Practicality and Relevance
- 4. Potential Impact on Development
How to Apply World #Blog4Dev Competition 2020 Application
Applying for the World #Blog4Dev Competition application is simple once you have met the requirements for the application. On this section is how to apply for World #Blog4Dev Competition 2020 Programme, so kindly read on below.
Applicants should submit their original blog entry detailing their ideas about what it will take to end Early Child Mariage in their country, written in English, French or Portguese
Interested and qualified Candidates Should CLICK HERE to Apply online or CLICK HERE to read more information about the award for World #Blog4Dev Competition before 30th November, 2019 application deadlines.