Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) -Are you in the field of Medicine? If yes then, here is a life time opportunities for you to further your studies in Canada. The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships is awarded to well-performing students of either Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens who are eager to further their studies in the fields of PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research, natural sciences and social sciences and also humanities research.
The Vanier Canada Graduate scholarships (Vanier CGS) was established to attract and retain World Class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The award scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combine MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
University of Host:
- Candidates Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. Without exception, the vanier CGD is tenable only at eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination.
Program of Study:
- PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research, natural sciences and or engineering research, and social sciences and humanities research
- More than 166 scholarships are awarded annually
- Canadian Citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible for the Vanier CGS.
- The scholarships is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
In other for your application to be accepted and considered for Vanier CGS, you should look into the below criteria.
- Be nominated by one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS Quota.
- Applicants who are furthering their first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if ti has demonstrated and significant research component).
- Please note that only PhD portion of combined degree is eligible for funding.
Candidates who tend to pursue, in the summer semester or academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution, please note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Candidates who have not completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies of May 1, 2020
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
- Candidates are advised to contact institution for its definition of a first-class average and
- Must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarships or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Method of Application
- Applicants must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want study. Candidates should note that the can not apply directly to the Vanier CGS programmes.
- Please note that application are initiated in one of two ways, either the students notify the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the Institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidates.
- Application are prepared by the students and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. However the nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 6th November 2019.
- For more important updates please refer to the official scholarships webpage to access the scholarships form and to know the appropriate details and detailed guidelines to follow.