A stomach or intestinal disease is plaguing Lagos, and according to Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, some 117 persons have been infected by the disease in five local government areas of the state.
A health worker in Ebute-metta discloses that some 168 patients have been diagnosed with the ailment so far; and that the figure could be higher because not all cases are reported.
The ailment is called gastroenteritis and it is the name for the inflammation of the stomach and intestines.
Gastroenteritis is a bacterial or viral infection which causes vomiting and diarrhea.
The University of Queensland is inviting applications for McCullough Robertson Endowed Scholarship for Law Students. Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and NZ citizens can apply for these scholarships.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage and support students to undertake studies in law at The University of Queensland.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is internationally renowned for its highly awarded teaching staff, world-class facilities, and superior campus environment. It is ranked inside the world’s top 50 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2015.
- Application Deadline: 8 March 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate program at the University of Queensland.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences at The University of Queensland.
- Scholarship Award:
$3,000 (approximate, based on the last year of award)Award value not less than $3,000, Senate may award one or more scholarships in a year
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Nationality: Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and NZ citizens can apply for these scholarships.
- Scholarship can be taken inAustralia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and NZ citizens can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: An applicant is eligible for the Scholarship if the applicant –(a) submits an application to the Head by the closing date for applications; and(b) is a domestic student in accordance with The University’s Fee Policy; and(c) is enrolled full-time in an Approved Program in the year the Scholarship is to be awarded; and
(d) does not hold another scholarship that the Head considers to be similar.
How to Apply: Students must complete an application form and declaration and submit it with a copy of their curriculum vitae by the close of business on the due date to Vicky Chiu.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview with the Selection Committee.
Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular, any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.