University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020/2021 for African Students (Study In Scotland)
Here is a life time changing opportunity for African students as whole, as the University of Edinburgh in it collaboration with Mastercard foundation is now offering scholarships opportunities for Africans who have demonstrated academic talent, to allow them to gain responsible and reasonable education.
If you an African students who is in need of quality education and doesn’t have the capital, here your chance to get one. If you eventually see this guide to the end. We are sure you will discover more than a blessing as this is worth not to miss. Keep reading, you will eventually see the full guide for this scholarship publication.
The scholarship application for the Edinburgh Scholars programme is set to supports the brightest and the best African scholars with great potentials but few educational opportunities. So if you fall through this category, and you are reading this right now, all we say is that a blessing is coming your way right now.
The scholarship mandate supports will help scholars with an opportunity to become leaders within their communities and to improve the live of countless more when they return to African home. The scholarship will provide 80 undergraduate and 120 postgraduate africans students with full funded scholarships within the next seven years.
Students will receive comprehensive supports to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and they will benefits from extracurricular courses elements including summer schools and internships to build their abilities and make a difference to their home countries and communities once they return. So without waisting much of your time let proceed and show all the full application.
University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Benefits – What will Applicants Benefits from this?
On this section is what applicants will benefits from this scholarship award. Once the successfully emerge as one of the participants.
- The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation, living expenses, travel and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh;
- Approximately 60 scholars from other MasterCard foundation scholars program institutions will also benefit from participating in a number of online distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University of Edinburgh. Applicants will be provided with an opportunity to become leaders within their communities and to improve the lives of countless more when they finally return to their home, Africa;
- Be able to get well outstanding education at one of the top ranked universities in the world;
- An undergraduate applicants will participate in United kingdom and African based summer schools;
- Applicants will be able to complete a course on African development;
- Engage in a volunteering projects in their homd country;
- Undertake a work-based placement in the UK;
- Receive support on their return to their home country; and
Following their graduation, around 50% of our undergraduate scholars will then be supported to complete distance learning Masters degrees after their return to Africa;
- A postgraduate masters scholars will complete six courses followed by the production of a dissertation;
- Participate in a retreat designed to nurture leadership skills;
- Attend a short summer school; and undertake an internship which will include reflective learning;
- Online distance Masters scholars will undertake a range of online distance Masters degree which will be available to 60 scholars from Edinburgh Mastercard foundation scholars programme institutions.
University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020 requirements – General Requirements
For you to be eligible for this scholarship award, you must be able to meet up with the requirement for the scholarship for University of Edinburgh MasterCard foundation scholarships 2020 award.
- Applicants must be able to qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Preferably applicants are required to apply to this scholarship before applying to the university;
- Applicants must be resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult; Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly are welcomed;
- Applicants who are able to demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community; and able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that they lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in their home country or anywhere;
- This scholarship is not available to students already on the programme;
- Please note that the scholarship may be terminated at any time when an unsatisfactory progress report is received from the school or if the scholarship holder ceases to be registered as a full-time student at the University of Edinburgh;
- This award are competitive and awarded basically on the basis of academic merit. Applicants financial, personal, and family circumstances will also be taken into account.
How to Apply for University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020 Application
Applying for the University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020 application is simple once you have met the requirements for the application. On this section is how to apply for University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2020 Programme, so kindly read on below.
Kindly note that application for 2020 on-campus MasterCard foundation scholars program, for postgraduate degrees only, will open on 1 October 2019. Eligible and qualified applicants for the online distance Mastercard foundation scholars program will be able to apply early 2020.
Applicants who are going for an undergraduate study at the University of Edinburgh have now finished, with the final scholar cohort enrolled at the University in September 2019. Please note that the last day to apply for the 2020 on-campus Mastercard foundation scholars programme is 2:00pm GMT on 29th November 2019
Applicants should note that interviews through video or phone will hold on February and March 2020, with final decisions made by April. All successful applicants will join the programme in September 2020.
Interested and qualified are advised to visit the scholarships webpage so as to obtain more righful information about the scholarships (CLICK HERE) to see how to apply and other needed requirements and mode of application. So to apply applicants are advised to apply within the deadline date which is 29 November 2019.