Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students
The Swiss Government is now calling applications from foreign scholars and Artists for its 2019/2020 academic year Excellence scholarships. The scholarships application deadline submission for the Swiss Government Excellence scholarships varies by country.
Each year, the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. The research scholarships is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
- 1. Research Scholarships: The research scholarships is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or Post-doctoral level. Research scholarahips are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two Federal institutes technology. Only candidates nominated by academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- 2. Art Scholarships: The Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland. The Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarships is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
- One of the 10 Swiss cantonal universities, the two Swiss federal institutes of technology or public teaching and research institutes.
Program of Study:
- Doctoral or Post-doctoral studies or Research in any discipline
- International students from more than 180 countries. Please check official website for the complete list of eligible countries.
- The scholarships will cover monthly payment, exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, housing allowance, etc., as applicable. Please check the country-specific fact sheets for exact scholarships benefits.
- The scholarships is open to young researchers from abroad and have completed a master’s degree or PhD and equally to foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
The FCS assesses scholarships applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
Method of Application
Select your country of origin according to your passport:
- Check the application deadline and the different types of scholarships on offer. These vary according to country. You can also check country-specific fact sheets for eligiblity criteria, application procedures, deadlines, and contact informations specific to your country.
- However if you fulfill the eligibility requirements, contact the Swiss diplomatic representation in your country of origin. The diplomatic representation will provide you with all the necessary informations and details regarding the procedures including application forms and a list of required documentation. The scholarships application deadlines is between September-December 2019, depending on the Swiss Embassy to which the application have to be submitted.
Please refer to the scholarships webpage for clarity and guidelines on how to apply for the scholarships applications and other needed informations.
Related Scholarships:Germany Tuition Free Universities and Scholarships for International Students