Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020-2021 | Over $3,500 in Cash Prizes
Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction is currently out. We are delighted to announces the application for the Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020 award. Entries are invited for the Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction before January 1st 2020 deadlines.
Are you interested about the Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020 award? Would like to apply right now? Do you want to see the process involved? Then you need to consider seeing the information below and apply before the application deadlines.
On the end of this page we will be showing you every information about the Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020 application, general requirements and how to apply for the Competition.
The prize was created to imagine and explore visions of how people, nature, and cities might join (or not). The theme of this year’s stories is City in a Wild Garden.
Interested should write a short story (“flash fiction”, up to 750 words), set in the present or future (near or far) and inspired by phrase “City in a wild garden”. You do not have to literally use this phrase in your story. You may interpret liberally any of the worda in the phrase: city, wild, and garden. Plot elements must include cities, nature, and people. It has to be fiction (that is, a story, not an essay) – any genre, from science fiction to magical realism – and can be about anything: Climate change; food security; utopias; wild nature; a love story;… anything. At TNOC, they are very interested in imagining cities in which nature and people co-exist, cities in which the relationships between the human-made and the natural are imagined differently.
Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction Prizes.
There will be, at the Judging Committee’s discretion, up to 6 money-winning stories:
- 1. One 1st place story receives $2,000;
- 2. Two 2nd place stories receive $1,000 each;
- 3. Three third prize stories receive $500 each;
- 4. A larger number of stories will be included in a book to be published (in late 2020 or early 2021) by publication studios.
Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020 Application requirements – General Requirements
On this section is the requirement you must possess in other for you to be able to apply for the Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020 award.
- The work must: Be 750 words or less, not including the title (i.e., “sudden fiction” or “flash fiction”);
- Be fiction (that is, not an essay);
- Be successfully submitted to the organizers no later than 1 January 2020;
- Be submitted via the contest’s web-based form, below;
- Be set in a city (the notion of “city” may be liberally interpreted);
- Include as significant plot elements both nature and people;
- Be submitted in English (although there may be non-English passages, for reasons of storytelling);
- Be an original work by the submitter, to which he or she holds the rights;
Be previously unpublished, not under consideration in other contests, and remain so during the duration of the contest;
- It should not be a racist, sexist, homophobic, gratuitously violent, or otherwise offensive;
- Individuals authors (under actual name or pseudonym) may submit no more than one work;
- Authors must be at least 16 years old as of January 1, 2020.
- >> Beyond these requirements, the work may:
- Be a written by a person of any nationality or country of residence;
- Be of any style or genre of fiction (realism, surrealism, sci-fi, magical realism, dystopic to utopic);
- Be set in any location;
Be set in the future (near or far or present;
- Please note that there are no limitations on the plot or action of the story, other than those mentioned here.
How to Submit Entries for the Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction.
Applying for the Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020 application is simple once you have met the requirements for the application. On this section is how to apply for Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction 2020, so kindly read on below.
Interested and qualified Candidates Should CLICK HERE to Apply online and read more information about the scholarship for Stories of the Nature Cities Prize for Flash Fiction award before January 1st 2020 application deadlines.