Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students
The Rhodes scholarships are awarded to international students who are looking to further their Postgraduate studies at the said Oxford University in UK.
The Rhodes scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional all-round students at the University of Oxford. Founded and established in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarships programme in the world.
- Oxford University in UK
Program of Study:
- Subject to limited restrictions, Rhodes scholars may study any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Scholarships Award Numbers:
- A class of 95 scholars is selected each year
- All students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jamaica & the commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (Including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine (SJLP), United Arab Emirates, United States, West Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- The Rhodes scholarships will cover all the University and college fees, the University application fee, a living stipend (£15,144 per annum 2018/2019); one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarships and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarships.
- The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.Eligible Candidates:
Below are the eligible criteria to apply for the Rhodes scholarships for all international students:
- Citizenship and Residency: Each candidates must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying for. Ensure to check the detailed informations carefully through the country portal.
- Applicants age: the age limits varies between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. However in most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Kindly please check the specific age requirements foe your constituency before applying. Furthermore all successful candidates will arrive in Oxford via October following the selection process. The scholarships may not normally be deferred.
- Education: All candidates must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidenxe that Rhodes scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
Method of Application
Interested candidates for the scholarships application should carefully read the information about the scholarships in the country-specific portal page to read the application criteria, eligiblity requirements, and deadlines specified to their country.
Application for Rhodes scholarships open during the spring and summer of the preceding year. The closing date for the scholarships varies per country but is between July to October of the preceding year you wish to study.
Please refer to the scholarships webpage for clarity and guidelines on how to apply for the scholarships applications and other needed informations.
See also Gobal Rhodes scholarships