The MOBI is delighted to announce the PhD Scholarship in Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) System Design. The position is available in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Through the Doctoral Researcher program, the candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre).
MOBI is a living lab that will be unique in Europe and where the university, authorities and the industry collaborate to carry out cutting-edge research on smart micro-grids, renewable energy, and innovative transport solutions.
- Applications Deadline: February 15, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarships are open in PhD level program.
- Study Subject: The program is open in the field of engineering/computer
- Scholarship Award: Competitive salary, Hospitalization cover, Free use of public transport for travel to and from work, Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus, and Young international and challenging work environment at the cutting edge of innovative research
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: An academic Master degree in Electromechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Good knowledge of electricity grids, electric vehicles, control engineering, data science, optimization techniques, simulation, and modeling
- Interest in research and development
- Good with programming languages, data processing software, simulation software
- Good communication skills in English (speaking and writing), knowledge of Dutch is added value
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks
- Proactive and able to take the initiative
Program Tasks: The given tasks will be completed by the candidates during the program.
- R&D with respect to the development of self-learning algorithms and simulation frameworks for scalable design and operation of V2G systems
- Conducting the research according to the work plan of the project (including literature studies, simulations, data analysis, measurements etc. )
- Disseminate research results through conferences and journal publications
- Collaborate with other researchers (internal and external) and project partners
- Write and successfully defend a PhD thesis at the conclusion of the research
To apply, the applicants must send the following documents to Saskia.Van.Hoyweghen@vub.be
- A brief CV
- A concise statement of the reason for applying
- Copy of the highest diploma