Lester B. Pearson international scholarships is one of the most prestigious scholarships that are been awarded to international students and it’s offering 37 scholarships each year, which are designed to help young students pursue their academic goals. The 37 scholarships awards are reserved for outstanding students and they all offer financial help alongside other bonuses and benefits students can get. So without much elaboration let show you how to get this scholarships as an international students.
The Lester B. Pearson International scholarships program st the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
- University of Toronto, Canada
Program of Study:
- Undergraduate programmes offered at the University
Numbers of Awards:
- Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson scholars.
- International students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
- The scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence supports for four years.
For you to be eligible to the Pearson International scholarships, you must be:
- Applicants must be an international students (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit),
- Currently in your final of secondary or have graduated no earlier than June 2019,
- Starting your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2020 ( Students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered, students starting their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Method of Application
For you to become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. To apply, you will need to:
- 1. Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here)
- 2. Applying to study at the University of Toronto to start your studies in 2020 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- 3. Once the University received a nomination and you have applied to the University, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarships application.
- 4. The school nomination deadline is 29 November 2019. The student admissions deadline is 13 December 2019 (you are recommended to apply before 7 November 2019). The Scholarships application deadline is 15 January 2020.
Please refer to the Lester B. Pearson international scholarships webpage for clarity and guidelines on how to apply for the scholarships applications and other needed informations.
Related Scholarships: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)