Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) 2020/2021 Fully-funded Programme for African Students to Study in Japanese Universities –Japan is a country with amazing skyscrapers, technology world, cool atmosphere and a land with stricly laws. Japan has broad view in terms of education. All thanks to it scholarship awarded annually. The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship programme is now available to candidates from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline. The Japan Africa Dream scholarship provide scholarship to any undergraduate degree program. So if you are interested endeavour to check the benefits, criteria and how to apply below this page.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) 2020/2021 – Benefits
- The scholarship program will provides tuition, monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
- A two year scholarship award to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in priority development areas on the continent and abroad (including in Japan)
- Be in one of the safest and healthiest country in the world
- Get a chance to interact with international community
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) 2020/2021 – Criteria
- Be a National of a AfDB member country.
Be in a good health.
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to application deadline date.
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree.
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming acdemic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree.
- Candidates living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for the scholarship.
- JADS does not support candidates who are already enrolled in graduate degree programmes.
- Applicants who are not an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Developement Bank Group or close relative of the aforementiones by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as; Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew
- Applicants should be 35 years old and above.
- Scholarship is only open to those who have gained admission to an approved Master’s degree course at Japanese partner university.
Applicants will not be accepted if the don’t have the following qualities, if not they will not be able to be considered despite if the applicants is from eligible AfDB member countries, these are:
- Valuable Educational Background
- Quality of Professional Recommendations
- Quality of Professional Experience
Standard Commitment to your home country
- Valuable Statement of Purpose
Official Letter and Website
The application submission has kicked-off all eligible and qualified candidates are requested to apply today on the official portal before the deadline date which is 31st October 2019. Interested and qualified applicants should CLICK HERE to apply online today. You are advised to go through the requirement of the application on the award page.
- How to Apply?
Interested and qualified applicants should click here to visit the official website and complete JADS application form
- Candidates should send a documents (application form, university transcripts and certificate, CV, professional references and research proposal), to the JADS Secretariat for forst screening through JADS@AFDB.ORG
- The JADS Secretariat will send shortlist of candidates to selected Japanese universities.
- The Universities does second screening and share selected students with JADS Secretariat
- JADS Secretariat recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese Executive Director for approval.
- AfDB will contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.