Howard University Admission Requirements – GPA & SAT Score – Howard University Acceptance Rate –Research shows that getting into Howard University needs alot of investigations, research and guidance about the University admission requirements, GPA, SAT score and equally the their acceptance rates. So here we will be showing you everything you need to know about Howard University before making decision for your enrollment into the University.
Know More About Howard University
Howard University is a prestigious University established in 1867, Howard University is a federally chartered, private, doctoral research extensive university located in Washington DC. The University has an approximately 11,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, professional, and joint degree programs, which span more than 130 areas of study within 13 schools and colleges, the university is dedicated to educating students from diverse backgrounds. Howard University is unique mission represents an unwavering commitment to its core values of leadership, excellence, truth, and service.
The University aims to attracting and sustaining a cadre of faculty who are, through their teaching, research and service, committed to the development of distinguished, historically aware, and compassionate graduates and to the discovery of solutions to human problems in the United States and allover the world. The historic main campus is headed on a hilltop in Northwest Washington blocks from the storied U street and Howard Theatre. The University has an enduring commitment to the education and advancement of underrepresented populations in America and the global community.
The University provides an educational experience of exceptional quality at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels to students of high academic standing and potential, with particular emphasis upon educational opportunities for black students. Howard’s goal is to forward the development of scholars and professionals who drive change and engage in scholarships that provides solutions to contemporary global problems, particularly ones impacting the African Diaspora.
Howard University Majors, What its known for
- The most known and popular majors at Howard University include Physical Sciences, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, and Social Sciences.
- Howard offers three highly selective honors programs for its most high-achieving undergraduate students; the College of Arts & Sciences Honors program, the Executive Leadership Honors program in the School of Business, and the Annenberg Honors Program in the School of Communications.
- Students further studies in more than 120 areas leading to undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees.
Know More About Howard University Admission Requirements, Howard University Acceptance Rate
- On a reports of historical acceptance rate data, the projected Howard University acceptance rate 2017-2018 is estimated to be 41.00%.
- The University is a highly competitive school to get into with a lesser chance of acceptance for qualifying applicants.
- Howard is a leader in STEM fields.
Howard is one of the top five largest HBCUs in the nation with around 10,000 students. The student to faculty ratio is 7:1.
Howard University Comparison
Actually the acceptance rate for Howard University is thirteen percent lower than the national average of all colleges which is around 55.5%.
- Neighborhood College Acceptance Rates similarities
- School Acceptance Rate
Georgetown University 17.0%
- Catholic University of America 60.1%
- American University 43.1%
- Bowie State University 51.8%
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County 63.2%
GPA Acceptable by Howard University
- The average GPA at Howard University is 3.33.
- This makes Howard University moderately competitive for GPAs.
A GPA of 3.33, Howard University accepts below-average students.
SAT score required by Howard University
The average SAT score composite at Howard University is 1190.
Howard University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Below are breakdown of new SAT scores by section
Average ACT score for Howard University
Approximately the average ACT score at Howard University is 24.
This score implies that Howard University is moderately competitive for ACT scores.
- Tuition Free University in Norway for international Students
- Best Business Schools – Best MBA Program in the World
- Scholarships Tips/Guidelines for International Students
Tuition and Cost to enroll into Howard University
Below image shows about Howard University tuition and cost of enrollment.
That’s all you need to know about Howard University admission requirements, acceptance rates and others, as we have stated before that before getting into Howard University you need to make a lot of research and investigations and other important research concerning the admission criteria and method of application, however you can still refer to the official website of Howard University to get more additional information about their admission processes.