GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme 2020 for African Entrepreneurs
Are you ambitious? Do you have what it takes to advance and take Africa beyond? If you do, then apply for GrowthAfrica that is looking for 80 ambitious and committed entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana to be part of the 2020 cohort.
About the programme: The programme is founded in 2002, GrowthAfrica continues to exponentially increase the rate and growth of business success in Africa through the annual accelerator. Backed by extensive knowledge and experience in supporting entrepreneurs across Africa, the first accelerator run in 2012 and to date, 224 ventures have been accelerated, worked directly with 407 entrepreneurs, run 21 cohorts and created 30,000+ jobs.
The programme is dedicated to help you scale your venture, make it investment ready and develop your entrepreneurial leadership acumen with the aim of unlocking significant growth in your business among other Integral facets required in building a successful timeless business.
Futhermore, the initial phase of the programme consists of 19 workshop-days across 6 months. Each workshop is followed up by in-company support by the GrowthAfrica team and mentors who assist you develop a deeper understanding of your business, help you to identify and articulate growth challenges, and aid in crafting strategic and innovative responses to these challenges – your growth plan.
However, once your growth plan is in place, focus shifts to implementation of set interventions and creating momentum in line with your ambition to scale and acess external capital. Meanwhile the GrowthAfrica team continues to help alongside sage advice and support from subject-industry experts. Focus further shift to connecting you with the resources necessary for the effective implementation of your growth plan.
Deadline: 3st December 2019 – at midnight
Eligible countries: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana.
Fields: E-commerce, Education, Financial services, Fintech, Healthcare, Information technology, Manufacturing, Renewable energy, Retail, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
Awards number: Aproximately 80
GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme 2020 Application requirements – General Requirements
On this section is the requirement you must possess in other for you to be able to apply for the GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme 2020 Award.
- 1. Sectors
- We are open to all sectors but have a soft spot for:
- IT/mobile solutions/Tech-enabled businesses
- Financial Services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
Water and Sanitation
- 2. For-profit
- 3. Post revenue business
- 4. Full time and dedicated core team
- 5. Existed for 2 years or more
- 6. Turnover of USD 50,000 plus
- 7. Open to raising external investment.
GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme 2020 Benefits | What Applicants will Benefits from this?
On this section is what successfully applicants who gained this GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme award will benefits from it. Kindly read on below.
- 1. Growth strategy: Led by experienced facilitators, leveraging our proprietary process and learning methodology, we focus on solutions that leads to an increase in your revenue, profits and impact.
- 2. Bespoke in-company support: Be individualised and tailored in-company support from the most qualified team who will walk you through and support you in your business journey.
- 3. Access and fellowship with quality peers across Africa: Connect and benefits from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs across Africa.
- 4. Investment support: You will receive support in identification of, access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors.
5. Access to mentors and industry-subject experts: An access to Pan-African mentors/experts who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- 6. Financial modelling: Support to build a financial model for your business growth and investment.
- 7. Leadership: Receive skills and tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership.
How to Apply GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme 2020 Application
Applying for the GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme 2020 application is simple once you have met the requirements for the application. On this section is how to apply for GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme 2020 Programme, so kindly read on below.
Interested and qualified Candidates Should CLICK HERE to Apply online and read more information about the scholarship for GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme before 31st December 2019 application deadlines.