Germany Tuition Free Universities and Scholarships for International Students
Germany is a Western European Country with a landscape of forests, rivers, mountain ranges and North Sea beaches. It has over 2 millennia of history. Berlin, its capital, is home to art and nightlife scenes, the Brandenburg Gate and many sites relating to WWII. Munich is widely known for its Oktoberfest and beer halls, including the 16th-century Hofbrauhaus. Frankfurt, with its skyscrapers, houses the European Central Bank.
It’s known for a lot of things such as free-tuition Universities, high-quality education, and cultural diversity are really some of the broadcasts. Germany is more fascinating than you probably think. Germany is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. Germany shares borders with nine other countries. Denmark, Poland, the Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
Germany is the EU’s largest economy. With gross domestic product (GDP) of 3.73 trillion USD, and lies fourth place in the world behind the US, China and Japan. Germany is one of the world largest car producers. Selling 5.9 million cars in 2011. In 2013, the top-selling car brands in Germany were volkswagen, Mercedes, Audi and BMW.
However because of all this fascinating things that Germany have, it has become a popular destination for a foreign students searching for an international education. The German Universities offers internationally recognized programs at a relatively cheaper cost compared to other nations like United Kingdom, United States or Australia. Really there are huge numbers of available scholarships that give foreign and domestic students chances to study in Germany without paying any hidden fees.
Germany Tuition Free Colleges and Universities
From October 2014, all Universities in Germany will not charge any tuition fees for undergraduate programmes. But in some Federal States, Universities will charge a semester contribution (about €50 euros) or maybe administration fees (about €50 euros) But you should note that the tuition fee pattern can change in the future, always refer to this page for more details on tuition fees in different federal states in Germany. For instance, the federal state of Baden-Wurtemberg is charging tuition fees (for Bachelor’s, Master’s, Diploma and state examination degree programmes) of €1,500 euros per semester for non-EU citizens. Unlike undergraduate programmes, some Master’s or PhD studies in Germany are fee-based. The costs for postgraduate programmes are in addition to the admission and confirmation fees. In as much for that, there are good numbers of benefitting scholarships for Master’s and PhD study programmes in Germany.
DeutschlandStipendium National Scholarship Programme
The DeutschlandStipendium National Scholarship Programme provides financial and non-material supports to well-performing and committed students from across the world. The Germany scholarships supports and tends to seek best outstanding bright and most talented students at all participating universities in Germany. The award is given without consideration of personal or parent income and one’s nationality is not what they are after. The scholarships grants goes for 300 euros per month and is issued for at least two semesters but in some cases it might be provided for a maximum time which covers the standard period of the study programmes.
- If you need more information about some institutions of higher education in Germany that offer the Germany scholarship, please refer to the intereactive map of Germany by clicking here.
DAAD Scholarship Programs
DAAD is a joint organisation of Germany’s higher education institutions and is in-charge for promoting international academic relations, primarily through the exchange of students, academics and researchers. The DAAD scholarship database contains scholarship and funding opportunities for foreign students, graduate students and scientists looking for a financial support for their studies, research work or teaching assignments in Germany. The database do not only lists all the scholarships offered by the DAAD, but as well diverse programmes offered by a wide range of institutions.
The most widely known DAAD scholarships programmes for developing country students is the (DAAD Scholarships for Development-related Postgraduate Courses) followed by another popular scholarships (DAAD Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance).
DAAD Scholarships Programs Benefits & Stipend
Once you win this Scholarships opportunity , you will get an opportunity to study in Germany. And you will also receive a monthly stipend to support your living expenses, health insurance allowance and some travel grant. The benefits include but not limited to the following:
- 1. A monthly stipend of 750 Euros to be given to postgraduate students
- 2. Doctoral degree courses students will receive 1000 Euros stipend every month
- 3. Both Master’s and Doctoral degree courses students will get insurance and health coverage
- 4. Masters and Doctoral program students may receive the travel grant
- 5. Free education in German Universities
- 6. Free accommodation inside a university dorm facility
DAAD scholarship Application Requirements
- 1. Students must have completed bachelor’s degree in not more than 6 years old
- 2. DAAD Scholarships are awarded to students with at least two years of work experience
- 3. English or German language requirements depends on the choice of your degree courses
Method to Apply DAAD Scholarships
For you to apply for DAAD Scholarships, you need to apply the below procedures.
- Download the DAAD Scholarships Application Form and fill it with your credentials
- Download Europas Specimen form and make your hand signed CV
- Provide a hand signed motivation letter with your current occupation reference
- For a Research proposal requirements specified by University then make sure to provide it
- Now get a Recommendation letter from the University you previously attended
- Professional experience letter from your last employer
- A guarantee letter of re-employment when you should return back to your country after completion of your studies (optional)
- A prove of English language, following tests scores, or others are acceptable
>> IELTS: Band score requirements can be as per University and program requirements as listed on the website of the Universities
>>German Language: Mandatory requirements for German taught degree program
>> TOEFL: Institutional not acceptable
- Search for the degree courses you wish to apply and study under DAAD Scholarships and apply directly to the University
- Once you have done all above procedures, be sure to find out what extra documents are required for your choice degree program
- Register and apply directly to the university and it depends if University requires an online application, documents by postal service or through both ways
- Application for admission in Germany Universities is now open and you can find DAAD Scholarships in all German Universities easily and apply for those opportunities.
Germany Foundations’ Scholarship Programs
There are huge numbers of political and religious foundations in Germany that offers scholarships to international students from differents ethencity, backgrounds, interests, and qualifications. Some of this scholarships are listed below.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Program
The Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarships programmes are one of the scholarships offered by the German political foundation while Konrad-Adenaur-Stiftung scholarships and KAAD scholarships is one of the typical examples of the scholarships offered by a religious foundation in Germany.
Erasmus Scholarship Programs in Germany
Almost all the German Universities participate in a widely number of study programs which ate funded by Erasmus Mundus and Erasmus+ scholarships. The scholarships can finance international students to further and pursue a participating study program in Germany. You can Find the Complete list of Eramus Mundus Master and PhD courses. The list contains Erasmus funded courses that are conducted in Germany.