Gates Cambridge Scholarships -University of Cambridge, United Kingdom is one of the most prestigious university in the United Kingdom. It’s offering more than 95 scholarships which are dedicated to help young students further and pursue their academic goals. The Gates Cambridge scholarships are highly competitive full-cost scholarships awarded to outstanding students from countries outside the UK. A Gates Cambridge scholarships covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding.
This outstanding prestigious scholarships is aimed at students who want to pursue full-time postgraduate degree study and research in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The Gates Cambridge scholarships program aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
The Gates Cambridge scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subjects available at the University of Cambridge.
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Program of Study:
- PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University
Numbers of Awards:
- More than 95 Scholarships are awarded each year
- Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom
The Gates Cambridge scholarships is one of the most generous international scholarships available it covers the following costs:
- 1. Core Components: i). University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate, ii). A
maintenance allowancd for a single student, iii). One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course, and iv). Inbound visa costs and associated NHS surcharge costs
- 2. Discretionary Components: The trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis: i). Academic development funding, ii). Family allowance, iii). Fieldwork, iv). Hardship funding, v). Maternity/Paternity funding, and vi). Some fourth year funding for PhD scholars may be provided.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge scholarships if you are:
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree), MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree), or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc).
- Please refer the Gates Cambridge scholarships webpage for full list of eligibility.
Method of Application
Applications for October 2020 entry will be made available early september 2019. Interested applicants must submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding – including a Gates Cambridge Scholarships – via the University’s Graduate applicants portal. Please note that there two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 9 October 2019 (for US citizens residents in USA) and 3 December 2019 or 7 January 2020 depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants).
Please refer to the scholarships webpage for clarity and guidelines on how to apply for the scholarships applications and other needed informations.
Related Scholarships:Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students