French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries
Do you want to pursue your Masters or PhD studies? Are you interested in study in France? If you do, then apply for the French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD scholarships. The programme are for students from developing countries in Engineering Sciences, Sciences, Economics and Management, Law and Political Science.
The Eiffel Exellence Scholarship programme was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development to enable French Higher Education establishments to attract top foreign students to enrol in their master’s and PhD courses. This helps to shape the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applications from emerging countries at master’s level, and from emerging and industrialized countries at PhD level.
Supported Level of Education for Eiffel Scholarships
Eiffel scholarships are available in three main fields:
Engineering science at Master’s level,
Science in the broadest sense at PhD level (engineering science, exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano- and biotechnology, earth sciences, sciences of the universe, environmental sciences, information and communication science and technology);
Economics and management;
Law and Political Sciences.
French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships 2020 Application requirements – General Requirements
On this section is the requirement you must possess in other for you to be able to apply for the French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships award.
- Only applicants from foreign nationals are eligible to apply for a scholarship from the French Government;
- For the case of dual nationality applicants, those with French nationality are ineligible;
- For master’s courses, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of the selection committee meeting, March 2020; at PhD level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the selection committee meeting, March 2020;
- Only application submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These establishments undertake to enrol scholarship holders on the course for which they have been selected;
- Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. However, any candidate nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified;
- Scholarships are for students wishing to enrol on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad, as non-PhD scholarship holders must complete at least 75% of their course in France. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either;
Educational establishments that shortlist non-French speaking applicants must ensure that their level of French is sufficient to enable them to integrate satisfactorily into the anticipated course.
- Combination with other scholarships: However, foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- Eiffel PhD Scholarships: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Applicants who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship once during their PhD cannot be awarded it for a second time. Please note that no application will be accepted for any students who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by different establishment or in another field of study.
- Eiffel Master’s Scholarships: no application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. However, students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at Master’s level are not eligible to re-applt at master’s level.
- Language Skills: when pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
- Selection Criteria: The selection criteria are as follows: The excellence of the candidate, as demonstrated by his or her university career so far and originality of his or her research subject;
- The international policy of the establishment nominating the candidate, its action in the geographical area in question, the excellence of the host department, the establishment’s compatibility with the candidate being nominated, its efforts to publicise the Eiffel programme and its continued support of scholarship holders, especially through a partnership with France Alumni (https://www.francealumni.fr/en); However, the cooperation and partnership policy of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, and in particular, the priority given to certain countries for this programme.
- The Committee marks each candidates for these three criteria and calculates a total score out of 50. It sets a minimum threshold for admissibility and distributes the scholarships as follows, depending on the number available: at least 70% of the scholarships are awarded to the highest-scoring candidates;
The remaining scholarships are distributed among the establishments that have not received one, for candidates who achieved scores above the minimum threshold.
- The selected applications represents the definitive list of successful candidates.
French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships 2020 Benefits | What Applicants will Benefits from this?
On this section is what successfully applicants who gained this scholarships award will benefits from it. Kindly read on below.
- Master’s Level: The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150). In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey; Page 3 of 6 – Social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
- PhD Level: The Eiffel Scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400. In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey (for students in law or political sciences who may make several trips, only one return journey shall be covered); – Social security cover; – Cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
How to Apply French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships 2020 Application
Applying for the French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships 2020 application is simple once you have met the requirements for the application. On this section is how to apply for French Government Eiffel Scholarships 2020 Programme, so kindly read on below.
Interested and qualified Candidates Should CLICK HERE to Apply online and read more information about the French Government Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships award before 9th January 2020 application deadlines.