DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Applications are invited for DAAD scholarships in germany for international students for a range of Postgraduate courses at German universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of Postgraduate courses at German Universities which goal is to provide academical educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
- German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Field of Study:
- Master’s or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics, Development Cooperation, Engineering and Related Sciences, Mathematics, Regional and Urban Planning, Agricultural and Forest Sciences, Natural and Environmental Sciences, Medicine and Public Health, Social Sciences, Education and Law, and Media Studies.
- Please see complete list of eligible development-related postgraduate courses for 2020/2021 Read More
- Young professionals from developing countries
- The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates, payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover, and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- The scholarships duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD.
- Applicants that works in public authority or state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subjects
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (Scholarships includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
Method of Application
Applicants should make their applications directly to the respective course. Please check the respective course portal for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Please note that closing date varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2019. Please see the 2020/2021 brochure
Please refer to the official webpage link specified below to access the application form and step-by-step guide on how to register and apply for the scholarships application.