DAAD Scholarships for University Summer Courses 2020-2021 for Canadian, USA and International Students –Are you an international, Or a Canadian Citizens or USA? The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), German Academic Exchange Service is offering the University Summer Course Grants to international students from United States, Canada and other countries across the global to have this opportunity of studying in Germany. The University Summer Course Grant provides scholarship to meet a wider range of 3 – to 4-week summer language courses at the German Universities which is focused on German language and literary, cultural, political and economic aspects of modern and contemporary Germany. Extensive extracurricular programs complement and reinforce the core material. See criteria and benefits of this scholarship and how to apply.
DAAD Scholarships for University Summer Courses 2020-2021 – Benefits
- Applicants will receive one-off payment of €950, which will cover tuition, room and board in whole or in part. Accommodations are arranged by host institution.
- A specific travel allowance (exception, Western Europe)
- Access to scholarship and available courses lasting a minimum of three weeks
- Applicants will be given opportunity to pursue Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programmes in any subject area
- Be in one of the safest and healthiest country in the world
- Get a chance to interact with international community
DAAD Scholarships for University Summer Courses 2020-2021 – Criteria
- Scholarship are open to students in Bachelor’s, Master’s and phD degree programmes in any subjects area.
- Bachelors students must have completed at least two academic years at the period of the scholarship.
- Applicants in the last year of Bachelor program are eligible to apply if they are to start a Master’s degree program shortly after completing their BA.
- Please do attach a letter of confirmation from the university as proof.
- Otherwise stated, foreign countries may be eligible if they have been full-time students, scholars in a degree program at an accredited Canadian or US university for over one year at the time of application.
- Intended grant holder should be at least 18 years old when he/she begins the funded stay.
- Beneficiaries must be registered at a university in their home country or ij the country of permanent residence (except Germany) at the time their funded stay commences.
- Students might be considered once in any three consecutive years for a University Summer Course Grant.
Student must be able to attend lectures and collaborate in teams. The required German language skills should be equivalent at least to level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.
Official Letter and Website
All application is to be submitted online through the DAAD official portal. Please note that the portal will close automatically at 11 PM Central European Time (5 PM EST/4PM CST/3PM MTN/2PM PST) on the deadline date. However, you are required to mail one recent reference from a university teacher in a sealed envelope to the address below by DECEMBER 1, 2019 (Postmarked), DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) University Summer Course Grant 871 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017. Interested and qualified Candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online and see more of the requirement and mode of application.