Australian Government Research Training Program 2020 Scholarships For Masters & PhD
Each year the Australian Government offers scholarships to international students and domestic students. The scholarships awards are selected based on merits meaning scholars are picked based on academic merits or other forms like leaderships, athletic or artistic merits in some cases. This scholarships are made to seek best outstanding bright and most talented students.
On 31st December 2016, the international Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) ceased and was replaced by the Research Training program (RTP from 1 January 2017. The RTP provides block grants, on calender year basis, to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and international students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degree, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The Research Training Program (RTP) scheme is administered by individual universities on behalf of the Department of Education and Training. Applications for RTP scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process, please contact your chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.
Details and informations starting a Postgraduates research degree and university courses can be found on Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website. General information about the support arrangements for students may be obtained from the study assit website. Frequently asked questions for students are also available to answer students queries.
- Provide flexible funding arrangements to support the training of domestic students and international students undertaking HDRs at Australian HEPs deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labour market support collaboration between HEPs and industry and other research end-users
- Support international students undertaking HDR studies at Australian HEPs.
- The RTP scholarships are available to domestic and international students enrolled in accredited HDR courses at an Australian HEP.
- Other eligiblities to be decided by participating universities.
Program of Study:
- Masters (by research), PhD (research)
Number of Awards:
- Not specified
Students can be offered RTP scholarships for one or more of the following:
- Tuition fees offset
- Stipend for general living costs allowances related to the ancillary cost of research degrees.
- The scholarships are going to last for Two (2) years for a research masters degree and Three (3) years for a research doctorate degree.
Method of Application
All application for an RTP need to be made directly to participating universities. The department does not provide an application form. Contact information for participating universities and general information about courses offered in Australia may be obtained here. Application deadline varies by universities but falls around May-October.
Please refer to the scholarships webpage for clarity and guidelines on how to apply for the scholarships applications and other needed informations.