ADB-Japan Scholarships for Asians and Pacific Islanders -Are you an international students looking for scholarships in Japan? The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarships programme (ADB-JSP) aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB,s developing member countries to undergo a postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarships programme (ADB-JSP) aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB,s developing member countries to undergo a postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. For their completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
- ADB-JSP provides scholarships only to participating academic institutions under the program.
Program of Study:
- Program covered by the ADB-JSP are postgraduate studies in economics, Management, Health, Education, Agriculture, Environment, Natural resource management science and technology, and other development-related fields. Please note that only programmes offered at the participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB-JSP funding.
Scholarships Award Numbers:
- Almost 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
- The scholarships are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
- 1. The ADB-JSP provides full tuition fees, a monthly subsistence and housing allowance, an allowance for books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel expenses.
- 2. The scholarships is for one year with extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determind by the institute
- 3. The maximum duration of scholarships award is two years for master’s and doctorate programmes.
- Candidates who are a national of an ADB borrowing member country (candidates from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP scholarships).
- Candidates who have gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or it’d equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a University degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Applicants that not more than 35 years old at time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Applicants that has a good health conditions.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the programmes.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, Consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Please note that the staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programmes
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Method of Application
Candidates who wish to enroll should request information and application form from the chosen Academic institutions and should indicate to that Institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for ADB-JSP scholarships.
The completed institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institutions. Please note that no separate application to ADB is necessary.
Ensure to send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to start studies. Kindly check the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
Application deadlines for this Scholarships varies per country, please check your country portal for appropriate deadlines for your country ADB-Japan Scholarships.
Please refer to the scholarships webpage for clarity and guidelines on how to apply for the scholarships applications and other needed informations.