A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020-2021 for English Language Teachers from Developing Countries (Fully-funded Masters at University of Warwick, UK)
Its our pleasure to announce to you that application process for the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships for a study in the United Kingdom (UK) between October 2020 and September 2021. The A.S Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for a Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick.
The Trust was set up by A.S. Hornby in 1961 to suppprt English language teaching worldwide. A.S.Hornby had a distinguished career in English language teaching and developed the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, now in its 9th edition. The Trust is a registered charity in the UK. The scholarships fund study on the one-year Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick.
A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020 Benefits | What Applicants will Benefits from this?
On this section is what successfully applicants who gained this scholarships award will benefits from it. Kindly read on below.
- The scholarships cover all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, and return air ticketsz tuition fees, visa and IELTS test costs;
- The scholarships fund study on the one-year Master’s in TESOL at the University of Warwick.
A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020 Application requirements – General Requirements
On this section is the requirement you must possess in other for you to be able to apply for the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020 Award.
- Eligible candidates for the scholarship award must have at least three years’ full-time English language teaching experience and a full university degree;
- Candidates also require the level of English proficiency stipulated by the University (this is normally assessed according to IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE. However, for IELTS, scholars require an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories, and 6.5 for writing. For TOEFL an overall score of 92 with 24 for writing. For PTE an overall score of 62, with 62 in writing is required;
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to suplprt experienced English language teachers who have potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries;
- We are requesting applications only from countriea listed on the DAC list (Developing countries);
- Candidates who are long-listed on the basis of their application will be invited to interview in their local British Council office. The interviews will take place in the week of 9 – 13 December 2019. If successful at the interview, candidates will then be shortlisted, with the final selection being made by a panel of Hornby Trustees and British Council Staff;
- Candidates who are provisonally selectef for a scholarship, candidates will then need to apply for a place on the MA course at Warwick University and demonstrate that they have the level of English proficiency ” required by the University;
- The award of an A D Hornby Educational Trust scholarship can only be confirmed once the candidates has been accepted on the course by the university.
How to Apply A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020 Application
Applying for the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020 Application is simple once you have met the requirements for the application. On this section is how to apply for A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships 2020 Programme, so kindly read on below.
Interested and qualified Candidates Should CLICK HERE to Apply online and read more information about the A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships before 30th November 2019 application deadlines.