2020-2021 Federal Government Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate, Masters and PhD for Study Overseas (Bilateral Educational Agreement)
The Federal Government of Nigeria has taken its channel in making the educational sectors in Nigeria to become one of the global destination for Nigerians students who doesn’t have the financial supports to pursue and further their education in any institution in Nigeria and abroad.
The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministery of Education of Nigeria is now offering the 2020-2021 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas and the Federal Government Scholarship Awards Tenable in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions for NA, SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) for girls only.
However, the Honourable Minister of Education, is honored to invite interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020-2021 Nomination Interview for:
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) 2020-2021
- 1). Scholarship award for Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia, and
- 2). Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA) 2020-2021
- Federal Government Scholarship Awards Tenable in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions for NA, SDG (Sustainable Developement Goals) for girls only
Scholarships Award type: The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 Application requirements – General Requirements
On this section is the requirement you must possess in other for you to be able to apply for the Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 award
For Bilateral Education Agreementn(BEA)
- 1. Undergraduate Scholarship: All candidates for undergraduate degree courses must posses a minmum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2018 & 2019). The age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- 2. Postgraduate Scholarship: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
The candidates who are previous recipients of Foreugn Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All candidates must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
However, since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, candidates should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All candidates for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019.
- Complete the application form online.
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
For Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA) 2020-2021 Federal Government Scholarship Awards Tenable in Nigeria Tertiary Institutions for NA, SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) for Girls only
- Candidates for Postgraduate studies should posses a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division.
- Candidates must be registered full-time students of Federal or State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechenics and Colleges of Education.
- All undergraduate scholarship candidates (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 points scale.
Scholarships Award Numbers: Unspecified
Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 Benefits | What Applicants will Benefits from this?
On this section is what successfully applicants who gained this scholarships award will benefits from it. Kindly read on below.
- The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of supplement, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
- The Nigeria Award (NA) SDG Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of:
- Institutional charges and fees and for Personal maintenance,
- SDGs Scholarship is for female only.
Duration of Sponsorship? The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4 to 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
- Document to bring to Interview: All eligible candidates are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification: Two sets of the Printed, Completed applications form are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates anr Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC Oof May/June ony for undergraduate candidates;
- A two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
Four (4) passport sized coloured photograps on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates will be required from candidates for Postgraduates Studies.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venue): for the 2020-2021 FSB Computer Based Test Venues and Dates From 15th to 19th January 2019 are found on the Scholarship Webpage Links below
How to Apply Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 Application
Candidatee who wish to apply for this Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 award needs to kindly read the full information stated below here.
Candidates nominated and finally selected by:
- A. The awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board with the following:
- 1. Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- 2. Data page of current int’l passport, and
- 3. Specified Medical Reports and Police clearance certificate where necessary.
- B. The NA/SDG Award: Application form are completed online as follows:
- 1. Candidates should complete form online
- 2. Submit and Print a copy
- 3. Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- 4. Letter of Admission to the Institution
- 5. Current Course Registration Form
- 6. CGPA results of year 1,2,3, etc.
- 7. Current School’s Identity Card
- 8. Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- 9. Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
During the Application applicants are expected to indicate the following:
- 1. Centre of choice for the computer based test (CBT); and
- 2. Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA), Nigerian Award (N/A), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) scholarship for girls only).
- 3. Please note that multiple entries will lead to disqualification of such applicants.
Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 Contact Information
Have inquiries concerning to the scholarships? If you do, kindly contact the following official phone numbers and email address.
- 1. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
- 2. Nigerian Award/SDGs: 08077884418/08091155229
- 3. email@example.com
- 4. For further Technical/Apps inquires, kindly call: 08055581004
Please note that this scholarship for the Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 does not requires processing fees. Kindly beware of fraudsters.
ARC Sonny T. ECHONO, fnia
Federal Ministry of